It’s Australia Day, and pictured is one of that country’s greatest achievements: Harry’s Floater pie, from Harry’s Cafe De Wheels. The floater is a meat pie with it’s top taken off, replaced with fluffy mashed potato formed into a crater, and filled with gravy and mushy peas.
Some other fantastic Australian things:
- The man about town’s choice for fine apparel: Imperfectionist
- The Avalanches
- Being mauled by the vicious, dumping waves onto the gravel/sand at Bronte Beach and then going for a smoothy and/or a breakfast beer at Sejuiced, Bronte.
- Home of newstainment: CNNNN and The Chaser
- The Standard, The Laundry, The Night Cat Melbourne.
- Back-in-black and almost every record that has sampled it as a result.
- which leads to: duh-nunner-nunner-nuh-nuh… Angus!
- Introducing quantum mechanics to teenagers, it’s the other Angus… Dr. Angus Gray-Weale
- Rolf, who I met when I was about 4.
- and of course, Foe.
Foe has a more poetic commemoration of Australia Day over at her place…