- Good, passionate Julius Schwarz obituary
- Neville Brody revisited
- Dean Kamen, Richard Saul Wurman, Brenda Laurel, James Dyson and Ricky “Cards as weapons” Jay – TOGETHER AT LAST!!!
- Cards as weapons: check out that cover-art
- Via Sunpig.com: Benford’s Law
“Dr. Benford concluded that it was unlikely that physicists and engineers had some special preference for logarithms starting with 1. He therefore embarked on a mathematical analysis of 20,229 sets of numbers, including such wildly disparate categories as the areas of rivers, baseball statistics, numbers in magazine articles and the street addresses of the first 342 people listed in the book “American Men of Science.” All these seemingly unrelated sets of numbers followed the same first-digit probability pattern as the worn pages of logarithm tables suggested. In all cases, the number 1 turned up as the first digit about 30 percent of the time, more often than any other.”
- Animals on the underground [via Aevil]